What is your daily skin care routine? How long does it take you on average to prepare your skin for make up? I wish I could tell you that I get everything done in 5min or less. Unfortunately this is not the case.
*The Oil Control Lotion picture was taken from the M.A.C. Website*
Do to me being extremely oily, I spend a lot of time using products to mattify my skin. I also have spots from previous blemishes that require attention as well.
Here’s what my regular morning routine is:
- Washing my face with Coastal Scents African Black Soap and my Clarisonic.
- Toning my skin. Currently I’m using Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner.
- Evening my skin tone with M.A.C. Brightening Serum or M.A.C. Lightful Charged Essence.
- Moisturizing with either M.A.C. Oil Control Lotion or Dr. Denese Day Cream
- Mattifying my skin with M.A.C. Skin Refined Zone.
- Prepping my skin for oiliness throughout the day with Skindinavia’s No More Shine Spray.
All of this is done BEFORE I ever put on any make up. *sigh*.
I also exfoliate my skin with either a scrub or a mask at least 2-3x/wk. I’ve been changing scrubs. For the last couple of months, I had been using the popular drug store St. Ives Apricot Scrub that focuses on reducing oiliness, blackheads, and blemishes. I’ve since learned that this product doesn’t effectively exfoliate. It actually scratches the skin. Since finding this out a few weeks ago, I’ve been alternating between what was left of my M.A.C. Microfine Refinisher, which unfortunately was discontinued, and my trusty Clinique 7 day Scrub. Earlier this week I tried an exfoliator from Bella Mora that worked pretty well. Sometimes this is done at night, other times in the morning.
I wish I was one of those people who was just able to do the quick 3 step of cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing.