Here’s a swatch on my hand with a flashI really, really like this lipstick. I’m happy with both the color and the texture. I couldn’t tell from just looking at it, but there’s a bit of shimmer but not enough to make it frosty. It glides on really smooth and feels hydrating on my lips. I know I’ll have to get a full size soon. Sending this free sample was a good idea from Black Opal.
I used my new Black Opal Eyeshadows to create this Inexpensive Look Of The Day last week. I later realized that I didn’t do actual swatches of the colors. I’ll show you what each of the four colors look like in this post.
The first color I’ll show you is Emotional Me. It’s a frosty golden yellow.
Below is what it looks like on my skin.
The next color is Illusion. It’s a gorgeous frosty light gold. Illusion reminds me of MAC Vanilla Pigment, but it’s a tad bit darker.
Next up is Ring a Ding. I’m in love with this color. It’s a wonderful matte orange. I have another matte orange that I use in my 42 Matte Coastal Scents Palette, but this color is more toned down and also darker.With a flash above and without the flash below.
It’s great for the crease and it blends really well.
The last Shadow is Nookie Cookie. That name makes me giggle. Ha ha! ;-p This color is a nice matte dark chocolate brown. When I saw it online, I thought it was going to be like MAC Embark, but it’s not as red. The picture above is with a flash and the one below is without a flash. For only $5, I’m very pleased with these Black Opal Shadows and I do want more of them. I’ll check my local Beauty Supply stores to see if I can get them there. So far, I haven’t seen them at Wal-Mart, but I’ll keep looking.
In this post I’ll be featuring two of my favorite M.A.C. eyeshadows that I listed in this post. I used Arena and Sketch. Check it out below.
I used Arena as my brow highlight. Sketch is on my lid and lower lash for a smokey effect.
Other products used:
- Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner in Perversion
- M.A.C. Graphblack in my waterline
- Clinique High Impact Mascara and Lancome Definicil Mascar
- Andrea Mod False Lashes
- Black Opal Foundation Stick in Heavenly Honey as concealer to highlight under my eyes, cheek and nose highlight.
- Black Opal Foundation Stick in Truly Topaz as spot concealer on my face.
- Cover Girl Queen Collection Natural Hue Mineral Powder in Brown Bronze 1 all over face.
- Coastal Scents Sun Art Bronzer in Dark on cheeks
- Cover Girl Queen Collection Bronzing Powder in Ebony Bronze as cheek contour
- Coastal Scents Lip Gloss in Near Peach