A select number of Houston area bloggers were invited to attend the Simon Fashion Now Blogger Preview Party 2013 held at the Houston Galleria Westin Oaks Hotel. This was my 2nd year in a row attending and I enjoyed myself just as much this year as I did last year.
Houston Fashion Blogger Taylor and I taking a cute picture
Me in front of the Step and Repeat
It’s so cool to be able to see what the designers will be showcasing throughout the week before the shows actually begin. It made me feel special. ;-P Below are pictures of the racks displaying the Fall 2013 Trends. The models will be wearing these pieces throughout the week.
This leather jacket really stood out to me. The Fall 2013 trends will include details, designs and textures.
Swatch is one of the sponsors for Simon Fashion Now. These watches are cute.
Outerwear is going to be big as well. We saw different ways to make your look stand out using jackets and coats. My favorite trend of the night was mixing Black and White.
Here are some pictures of the bloggers getting settled in their seats and being served by the waitstaff before the fashion show started.
We were given an intro by Jackie, the Simon Fashion Now Tour Coordinator and Leslie the Houston area Coordinator.
Jackie informed us that this is the 6th year of the Simon Fashion Now Tour. The purpose of the tour is to celebrate the accessibility of affordable and luxury fashion on a local level. They want to have events for consumers that weren’t as intimidating as NYFW.
There was also a Q & A segment at the end of the show. Here are some of the highlights on what to expect or Fall 2013 Trends.
- Forget about the myth, “Don’t where white after Labor Day”, because white is definitely in and chic.
- The colors from Spring to Fall are more transitional than drastic so you’ll still see a lot of bold colors like all shades of green, blues, and reds.
- Being a professional makeup artist. I was more interested in beauty trends. So I asked what was going to be in for makeup and hair. Jackie said definitely red, burgundy, and plum lips. For hair, majority of models have slick ponytails in order to prevent distractions from the clothing.
- Leslie says hats will be a huge accessory, especially with designs, details, and feathers.
- Studded apparel will also be big this season
- Statement coats, shoes, and small handbags (particularly wristlets), scarves, and black and white watches.
- For shoes: heels will have a variety of heights and shapes. Leslie pointed out that we need to pay attention to the designs on the heels for the Fall not just the front of the toe. Designers have been getting more and more creative with the heels.
Here are pictures from the runway show CheCh Check out the details of these shoes
I absolutely LOVED this black and white look Model Mariah is wearing I really liked this studded bag
Next is the statement coat with cute booties. Don’t worry fellas. You weren’t forgotten. The male model is wearing a detailed jacket with a red (one of the hot fall colors) shirt
This 3D lazer cut out leather jacket that the model below is wearing was my favorite single item. I really, really want it. It’s the perfect leather jacket for Houston’s climate. Oh and look at these Alexander McQueen studded ankle boots. Yeeeessss!!!!