So after my failed attempt to do a quick and easy nail of the week with the Sally Hansen Salon Effect Nail Strips, I decided to go back to my traditional nail polish. I haven’t done green nails in a while so I used OPI Who The Shrek Are You polish.
I used the other four polishes as a part of my design on my ring finger.
I had fun with these colors. 🙂 See below for a list of how I created the look.
- I polished all of my nails with OPI Polish in Who The Shrek Are You
- I used Kiss Brush On Nail Art Paint in Silver Glitter on my ring finger in a diagonal line across my nail. I LOVE these. I have it in white as well. They come in all colors. I purchased them from my local beauty supply store. I’ve seen them in Sally’s but they were more expensive.
- I used 2012 Cracked Nail Polish in Tomorrow on the outer side of the line
- I used China Glaze Crackle Glaze polish in Lightening Bolt on the inner side of the line.
- Lastly I polished KleanColor Nail Polish in Aurora all over the nail.
From what I’ve read on other blogs and social media outlets, crackle polishes are hit or miss. It appears that a lot of people don’t like them. I think they’re good to play with if you want a quick design but don’t necessarily have a steady hand. The downside is that you can’t predict what the effect will be like. It seems as though each time I use a crackle polish, it shatters differently. The effect can sometimes look more like a mistake than a design. Ha ha! 🙂 It can also look a bit dull, so this is the reason I tend to put confetti polishes on top.
What are you wearing on your nails this week?