In this post I’ll show you three more dark lip looks that I experimented with for Halloween that can still be used with the Fall/Winter Trend. 1st up is a MAC Limited Edition Matteen called Midnight Media. Here’s what it looks like alone on my lips Next I added my beloved MAC Vanilla Pigment.
I have several Wet n Wild lipsticks, mostly the matte lipsticks. I’d never tried the Megalast liquid lipsticks until I got this one.I purchased this one from CVS while they had a sale on Wet N Wild Products that was Buy One Get One half off! I also purchased some lipsticks from the Fergie collection. To see my review of those lipsticks click here for Ferguson Crest Cabernet and here for Pagan Angel.
Back To The Fuchsia is a gorgeous color…but I haven’t figured out how to apply it evenly without it caking and being too dry. In the picture above I have about 3 coats of it. I love that the color gets bolder the more you apply, but it also gets cakey and cracks. I’m still trying to play with it to figure how to apply it and prevent this from happening. It seems like if I could get it on with one smooth stroke, it would be ok. That’s just hard to do. When I use the applicator I go across the top lip moving up and across then down and next I fill it in. On the bottom lip I use the applicator going down and across then back up to the other side then I fill it in. This liquid lipstick dries pretty quickly so if I go back and apply more in the middle it’s no longer smooth. It’s different than how you can apply a lipgloss where you can just go back and forth across your lips.
- Cover Girl Queen Collection 3 n 1 Liquid Foundation in Brulee’
- Cover Girl Queen Collection Matte Powder in Golden
- Cover Girl Queen Collection Bronzer in Ebony Bronze as Contour
- Nars Blush in Albatross for Highlight
- Black Radiance Baked Bronzer in Gingersnap as blush
- Urban Decay Primer Potion Original Formula
- NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk on lid
- Black Opal eyeshadow in Illusion on lid
- MAC eyeshadow in Embark in crease
- Black Opal eyeshadow in Ring A Ding above crease
- Black Opal Foundation Stick in Kalahari Sand to shape brows, brow highlight, & under eye concealer
- Maybelline Clear Mascara on brows to hold them in place
- Stila Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner Pen in Black
- #138 False Lashes
- Wet N Wild Megalast Liquid Lipstick in Back To The Fuchsia
- Stila Lip Enamel in Giggle in the middle of lips
This is Purple Haze lipstick. I got it at The Makeup Show New York last May and I’m so very happy I have it. It’s a very pretty purple with a nice and smooth creamy texture. I wore a few hours without having to touch up. I recently wore this as my lip color with my Ofra and Naked 3 FOTD and I really liked the look. I like this lipstick a lot. Even though I have a lot of purple lip colors, I never feel like I have enough. Plus, it’s still different from my other purples.
Purple lips have been all the rave for the fall and winter so I’m guessing this is why this particular color was so hard to find. I would see the other colors in the collection but not the purple. Well the wait is over. It’s a very pretty color Even though it’s matte, it still feels somewhat hydrating. I don’t know how Revlon mastered this texture but I love it! The above picture is with a flash and below is without a flash.
You ever put on your makeup and think “Yeah, I did that” and pat yourself on the back? Ha ha! Well I want to share with you some of the times I felt like this throughout the year. I’m going to break it down into different parts and make it a series of My Favorite Looks from 2013 because it would be an extremely long post if I tried putting all of the looks and products used in one post.
I’m gonna start with my Purple Halloween look a couple months ago. This Halloween I decided to go with a dark glam look. I’m not really into scary or gross stuff so I stuck with a beauty look, just one that’s out of my norm.
- Revlon Color Stay Liquid Foundation in Carmel
- Cover Girl Queen Collection Powder in Golden
- MAC Studio Stick in NC 50 for Contour
- Urban Decay Deslick Compact Powder all over
- Cover Girl Queen Collection Bronzer in Ebony Bronze for contour
- NARS Blush in Albatross as nose, forehead, & cheek highlight
- MAC Blackground Paint Pot from lid to crease
- Elf Brow Gel
- Temptu Concealer wheel 2nd to lightest color for brow highlight
- Coastal Scents 42 Matte Palette white eyeshadow for brow highlight
- Coastal Scents 42 Matte Palette dark brown in crease
- Coastal Scents 42 Matte Palette black on lid
- Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil in Perversion upper/lower lash line
- Rimmel Mascara in Pink tube
- Beauty Supply Lashes #138
- Black Opal Foundation Stick in Khalari Sand for under eye concealer
- Ben Nye Banana Setting Powder under eyes
- MAC Extreme Dimension Mineralize Skin Finish in Glorify
- MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Comfort
- Makeup Forever Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick in #15
- MAC Lip Pencil in Currant
Make sure to stay tuned for more of my favorite makeup looks from 2013!!!
Above are more pictures without a flash to give you a better idea of how it looked. After reviewing these pictures, I just realized I didn’t do any close ups of my eyes. My bad. The picture below was the only close up picture I took. Not sure how that happened.
Here’s what I used below:
- Elf Clear Brow Gel
- Black Opal Foundation Stick in Kalahari Sand under brows to add shape
- MUFE Aqua Eye Cream in #23 blended from lid to crease
- Coastal Scents 42 Matte Palette (fave e/s palette ever!) : White as a brow highlight, dark blue in outer crease/lid, orange above crease, yellow in inner crease, light lime green on inner lid.
- Kryolan Liquid Eyeliner in black upper lash line
- Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil in Mildew for lower lash line
- Beauty Supply False lashes (Blue & White plastic container for $1). Sorry don’t remember the #.
- Black Opal Foundation Stick in Kalahari Sand for under eye concealer.
- Ben Nye Banana Powder to set under eye concealer
- Nurturing Force as a primer (review coming soon). Learned about this product from the ladies of Magnolia Makeup.
- Black Opal Foundation Stick in Rich Caramel on certain spots/blemishes
- MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation in C7
- MAC Extra Dimension Skin Finish in Glorify as a bronzer
- Cover Girl Queen Collection Bronzer in Ebony Bronzer as Check/Nose Contour
- NARS Albatross highlighter blush as cheek, nose, & forehead highlight
- Cargo Blush in Laguna on apples of cheeks for a pop of color
- MAC Prep and Prime loose Powder used all over before & after makeup to control oiliness and give a smooth matte finish.
- Urban Decay De Slick Spray Before and After makeup to control oiliness and to keep makeup on without having to touch up as much.
- MAC Lipstick in Candy Yum Yum
- Stila Lip Enamel Luxe Gloss in Giggle