You ever put on your makeup and think “Yeah, I did that” and pat yourself on the back? Ha ha! Well I want to share with you some of the times I felt like this throughout the year. I’m going to break it down into different parts and make it a series of My Favorite Looks from 2013 because it would be an extremely long post if I tried putting all of the looks and products used in one post.
I’m gonna start with my Purple Halloween look a couple months ago. This Halloween I decided to go with a dark glam look. I’m not really into scary or gross stuff so I stuck with a beauty look, just one that’s out of my norm.
- Revlon Color Stay Liquid Foundation in Carmel
- Cover Girl Queen Collection Powder in Golden
- MAC Studio Stick in NC 50 for Contour
- Urban Decay Deslick Compact Powder all over
- Cover Girl Queen Collection Bronzer in Ebony Bronze for contour
- NARS Blush in Albatross as nose, forehead, & cheek highlight
- MAC Blackground Paint Pot from lid to crease
- Elf Brow Gel
- Temptu Concealer wheel 2nd to lightest color for brow highlight
- Coastal Scents 42 Matte Palette white eyeshadow for brow highlight
- Coastal Scents 42 Matte Palette dark brown in crease
- Coastal Scents 42 Matte Palette black on lid
- Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil in Perversion upper/lower lash line
- Rimmel Mascara in Pink tube
- Beauty Supply Lashes #138
- Black Opal Foundation Stick in Khalari Sand for under eye concealer
- Ben Nye Banana Setting Powder under eyes
- MAC Extreme Dimension Mineralize Skin Finish in Glorify
- MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Comfort
- Makeup Forever Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick in #15
- MAC Lip Pencil in Currant
Make sure to stay tuned for more of my favorite makeup looks from 2013!!!
I purchased the Mally Your Brightest Days are Ahead Collection from QVC a couple weeks ago. Proceeds of this collection go to Breast Cancer Awareness in honor of Mally’s own mother who she lost to Breast Cancer when Mally was 17.
My mom has used Mally’s products for a while after seeing Mally on QVC. She loves the quality and value she gets. She’s told me about this brand but for whatever reason, I never got around to trying it.
The shipping was fast with QVC. I wad so excited to try the products. There was a cute note from Mally explaining the significance of this collection and that $2 had been donated from my purchase.
Awww man! That was disappointing. I didn’t get a chance to try anything. I put everything back in the package & was ready to send it back to QVC.
Before going to the Post Office, I posted the pics above on my social media outlets. To my surprise I received a prompt response from Mally on both Instagram & Twitter. She told me to email her customer service & I’d get another compact. I didn’t even have to return my other products.
I’m thoroughly pleased with Mally Beauty’s immediate attention and incredible customer service. The fact that she actually takes time to interact with her customers means so much. I just became a lifelong customer/fan.
There are 8 pieces total. This is a great set!
￼Perfect Skin Illuminating Refiner
Perfect Prep Under Eye Brightener
Luxury Lipstick in Pilar Pink
Eye Color Shadow Stick in Empowering Lilac
Eye Color Waterproof Eyeliner in Fearless Brown
Volumizing Mascara in Black
I alternate with using either the NYX Purple Rain Lip Liner alone for a long lasting matte finish, or in combination with NYX African Queen to add shine.
I’m so glad I experimented with these two. I’ve been using NYX Purple Rain Lip Liner for a while. I actually keep one in my personal bag as well as one for my Pro MUA kit. The first time I tried it was pairing it with Afrobella’s MAC All My Purple Life Lipglass. I did a step by step tutorial of a Purple Look of the Day using the two here I think I originally purchased it from my local Beauty Supply Store. I’ve also bought them from H.E.B. I purchased the NYX African Queen Lipgloss from H.E.B a couple weeks ago during a NYX sale. ( I just love Kroger and H.E.B grocery stores because they both have great cosmetic depts with frequent sales).
What’s your favorite purple lip combo?
Above are more pictures without a flash to give you a better idea of how it looked. After reviewing these pictures, I just realized I didn’t do any close ups of my eyes. My bad. The picture below was the only close up picture I took. Not sure how that happened.
Here’s what I used below:
- Elf Clear Brow Gel
- Black Opal Foundation Stick in Kalahari Sand under brows to add shape
- MUFE Aqua Eye Cream in #23 blended from lid to crease
- Coastal Scents 42 Matte Palette (fave e/s palette ever!) : White as a brow highlight, dark blue in outer crease/lid, orange above crease, yellow in inner crease, light lime green on inner lid.
- Kryolan Liquid Eyeliner in black upper lash line
- Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil in Mildew for lower lash line
- Beauty Supply False lashes (Blue & White plastic container for $1). Sorry don’t remember the #.
- Black Opal Foundation Stick in Kalahari Sand for under eye concealer.
- Ben Nye Banana Powder to set under eye concealer
- Nurturing Force as a primer (review coming soon). Learned about this product from the ladies of Magnolia Makeup.
- Black Opal Foundation Stick in Rich Caramel on certain spots/blemishes
- MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation in C7
- MAC Extra Dimension Skin Finish in Glorify as a bronzer
- Cover Girl Queen Collection Bronzer in Ebony Bronzer as Check/Nose Contour
- NARS Albatross highlighter blush as cheek, nose, & forehead highlight
- Cargo Blush in Laguna on apples of cheeks for a pop of color
- MAC Prep and Prime loose Powder used all over before & after makeup to control oiliness and give a smooth matte finish.
- Urban Decay De Slick Spray Before and After makeup to control oiliness and to keep makeup on without having to touch up as much.
- MAC Lipstick in Candy Yum Yum
- Stila Lip Enamel Luxe Gloss in Giggle
As much as I love the color of MAC Candy Yum Yum lipstick, I can’t wear it alone. There’s something about the formula that makes my lips extra dry. The same thing happens when I wear the Viva Glam Nicki lipstick. Initially, the lipstick will go on smoothly, but about an hour later, my lips will look cracked & chapped. This occurs no matter how much I prep my lips ahead of time. It’s really strange. So I decided to top off the lipstick with a gloss.
￼I tried using the Revlon Superlustrious gloss in Sugar Violet on a whim. It wad the closest thing to Candy Yum Yum in my makeup bag at the time. I figured Sugar Violet wouldn’t change the color too much because it’s pretty sheer. This is the same lip I used for my Make Up Forever Smokey Extravagant Mascara Review.
￼I think it worked out really well. I’ve been wearing this combo a lot lately.