Have you ever walked out of the house thinking your makeup was flawless and got outside only to find out it definitely was not? Yeah, this happened to me on Easter Sunday. My first thought was OMG!! This isn’t how I thought it looked?
At first glance, it didn’t seem bad at all.
Both pictures above are with the flash
This was taken without a flash. After taking a closer look, I could see it wasn’t blended as well as I thought, my lines weren’t straight, and my lashes weren’t close enough to my lash line.
I totally didn’t notice these mistakes while I was sitting at my table.
I’d planned to do an upbeat post on my colorful FOTD for Easter but had a rude awakening once I got in the car.:-( The worse part was that I was running late and didn’t have any of the products I used with me to fix it. I had to just suck it up. I’ll take it as a learning experience.
So remember this post I did on my awesome new makeup mirror?
*The picture came from Ulta.com website*
Well the bulbs went out and I’m no longer able to get the great effects while putting on my makeup. I went to Ulta, where I originally purchased it, to buy replacement bulbs but unfortunately there are no replacement bulbs for this mirror, so I’d have to just buy another one. That seemed like such a waste. Nothing is wrong with the mirror itself, just the lighting. For a while, I was sure this wasn’t that big of a deal. Boy was I wrong.
Anyway, since I took the pictures, I’ll go ahead and tell you what I used. LOL!
- MAC Prolongwear Foundation in NC45
- MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Medium Dark on forehead, middle of nose, under eyes, and on cheeks.
- Cover Girl Queen Collection Natural Hue Mineral Powder in Brown Bronze 1 all over
- Cargo Blush in Laguna on cheeks
- Cover Girl Queen Collection Bronzing Powder in Ebony Bronze as cheek contour
- Elf Blush in Candid Coral as Cheek, Nose, and Forehead highlight.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
- Coastal Scents 42 Matte Palette
- MAC Fluidline Waveline
- MAC Venomous Villains Mineralized Eyeshadow in She Who Dares
- Ardell False Lashes #110
- Lancome Definicil Mascara
- Black Opal Foundation Stick in Heavenly Honey to carve out brow and under eye concealer
- MAC Brow Set in Girl/Boy
- MAC Viva Glam Nicki Lipstick
- MAC Viva Glam Cyndi Lipglass
I toggled back and forth with the title of this post. At first it was titled Easter FOTD Failure, but I figured that was too negative for Easter. I decided to use my mistake as a learning experience and as a helpful beauty tip. Maybe it’ll prevent you from doing the same thing. Lesson of the day: ALWAYS HAVE GOOD LIGHTING WHEN DOING MAKEUP!!!